TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Know before you go…
DEPOSIT FOR JIWA BOAT TRIP COSTS
- A non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total cost is required within 7 days of making the booking.
- The deposit will be accepted as part payment of the total cost.
- No bookings will be guaranteed until a deposit is received.
GROUND HANDLING PACKAGE & HOTEL (NIASURF)
- Full payment of the total cost is required within 7 days of making the booking.
- The Ground Handling Package is also non-refundable
- Final Payment is due 60 days prior to departure.
- Failure to make the final payment by the due date will entitle Tradewinds to cancel your booking whereupon the deposit paid shall be forfeited.
- All prices are subject to change until final payment has been made, due to currency fluctuations.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
- 100% cancellation fee
- The only case in which payments will be refunded is if the trip is moved or cancelled at no fault of the passenger and a suitable alternative cannot be reached.
- Tradewinds reserves the right to cancel or change trips to due to lack of numbers from individual bookings or any other reason they see fit without any notice. The payments made in these cases will be refunded in full.
- In instances where a trip has booked exclusively by a lead passenger, if the lead passenger fails to fill the trip by the due date Tradewinds reserves the right to cancel the trip where the deposit paid for the whole trip will be forfeited.
- Travel Insurance is strongly recommended by the Department of Foreign Affairs And Trade for all overseas travel and is compulsory before you are allowed on board KLM Jiwa
- Whilst we do everything possible to ensure your safety, surfing can at times be a dangerous sport and boats move around and get slippery. A travel insurance policy, including Medi-Vac is mandatory for travel aboard KLM Jiwa. The owners/operators assume no liability to take out insurance for their passengers.
- KLM Jiwa assumes no liability for personal injury of any kind, property damage or theft (travelling to/from the boat and whilst on board), delays due to weather, mechanical trouble, strikes, airline arrival/departure times, civil disturbances, acts of God or any other event we are unable to control.
- All guests & clients agree that in no way are the owners, operators, employees and agents are liable for consequential damages.
- We do not accept responsibility for the loss / late arrival of surfboards, surfboard bags or luggage. In the event of such an occurrence every effort will be made to get your belongings to you but this will be at the expense of the guest/s – TRAVEL INSURANCE.
- Illegal & Prohibited substances are not tolerated aboard KLM Jiwa anyone found in possession of such items will immediately be told to leave the charter with no refund given.
- The captain reserves the right to remove any passengers from KLM Jiwa that endanger the well being and safety of the vessel, its passengers or crew, in accordance with Maritime Law
- Consult your doctor regarding vaccinations and health requirements.
- Consult the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trading website for current travel advice.
- All airfares are subject to airline terms and conditions and penalties apply for cancellation and changes after ticketing.
- Travel documents are dispatched approximately two weeks prior to departure. Your tickets will not be released until you have completed and submitted all requested information.